Thursday, March 24, 2011

Over my rig goshawk

23 March 9 A.M. VRVR
1 female NG naked -eye. The hawk was circling over and over again near my RV at 125-150 feet elevation. The hawk was the size of a Red-tailed Hawk. The wing beats were very deep, very rapid, and very flexible. At times the wing beats slowed - and showed pointed tips with a moderate"S" shape to the wings! OT- 2 minutes.

Also at 10:30 A.M.- 1 female NG circling over and over again in hunting mode at 125 feet elevation. The hawk was typical female goshawk. We left the area with the hawk yet circling. Location- near Prudence and Broadway.
I'm screaming to the birders of Tucson- "Wake up." But I must calm down and consider- the birders of Tucson are only birders. As I explain to any of my students- I will not put the bird in your hand- you will not see the red eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment