Thursday, February 3, 2011

NG- Voyager RV Resort

31 December 11:30 A.M. VRVR

As I was relaxing in my truck- to the front at about 200 yards away 1 Northern goshawk lifted off from the house , at about 60 feet elevation, and just as quickly dropped back down into the very small back yard of the house. This is private property, with a brick wall and some greenery.
Later, at 3:30 P.M., I took a walk along the wide grassy dog -walk behind the houses.

About 200 yards up the walk a male NG raced from the houses, upward and away. I gave a 45 minute walk to many areas in this very large RV park, with camera, but came up empty. It was cold and windy. For many years I have been alerting birders and Audubon officials about this hot spot- but not a peep from any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment